Call for Proposals
Women's Leadership Conference
March 30-31, 2017 - Forsgate Country Club, Monroe Township, NJ
On behalf of AASA/NJASA/FEA, thank you for taking the time to consider submitting a proposal for the 2017 AASA/NJASA/FEA Women's Leadership Conference.
Key Dates and Deadlines
Oct. 24, 2016, 9:00 am EST: Call for Proposals Opens
Nov. 25, 2016, 11:59 pm EST: Call for Proposals Closes
· The submissions collected from this Call for Proposals will be considered for breakout sessions only.
· Breakout sessions take place on Thursday and Friday and are 60 minutes in length.
· Presenters must be available on the day for which AASA assigns your session.
· Proposal submission does not guarantee participation in the AASA/NJASA/NJPSA Women’s Leadership Conference
· All presenters must pay conference registration fees and have a registration badge. Please explain this policy to your co-presenters. There are no presenter registration discounts available. We cannot pay an honorarium or expenses for presenting breakout sessions at the conference, but hope that the intangible benefits of being a part of our educational programming make the effort worthwhile for presenters.
· Persons presenting at the conference are expected to use material and language that does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, physical ability, and/or sexual orientation.
· AASA does not pay ANY honoraria, speaker fees, or travel expenses to breakout session speakers.
· The individual submitting the abstract is considered the primary contact.
· All conference information and correspondence will be sent via email.
· Preference will be given to the sessions that follow the topics:
1. Pathways to Leadership
2. New Century Leadership and Management Skills
3. Creating an Even Playing Field
4. Roles that Successful Leaders Exhibit
5. Work/Life Balance
6. Access, Cultural Proficiencies and Equity
8. School Safety and Crisis Management
9. Being an Effective Negotiator
10. Coaching and Mentoring Aspiring Leaders
11. ESSA and the N.J. State Plan
· Breakout rooms will be equipped with an LCD projector, screen, and head table for three. Any other audiovisual equipment (i.e. audio, flipcharts, etc.,) must be requested and AASA will accommodate when possible. Internet access is provided in breakout rooms.
· Presenters agree to provide contact information for ALL presenters, including, name, address, phone number, and email address.
· Presenters agree to permit AASA to provide their contact information to attendees upon request.
· Presenters understand that AASA does not provide hardcopy handouts to attendees.
Please email Kathy Zega, NJASA Professional Development Dept. email@example.com or call (609) 599-2900, ext 129.
Watch for registration information on www.njasa.net