Online Registration is Open!June 2017 – Preparing EdTech for Next YearTechnology for Struggling LearnersJune 2, 2017$169 - Register!
Presenter: Chrissy Romano-Arrabito
This session will give participants numerous tools and strategies to assist struggling learners through the use of Google tools, apps, and extensions.
In this hands-on session you will learn:
June 9, 2017$169 - Register!
- The primary obstacles to learning for struggling students
- Alternatives to traditional essay writing
- Creative ways to show what you know
- Harnessing the power of G-Suite
- The Power of Digital Storytelling
- Give students a voice with Back Channeling
- How to make the best use of:
- Text to speech apps
- eBooks/audio books
- Idea generators/organizers
Presenter: Monica Burns, Ed.D.
Emerging technology has transformed the way we think about strategic implementation of digital tools in the classroom. This hands-on workshop will introduce the ACES Framework for scannable technology integration using QR codes and augmented reality and provide an opportunity to explore the use of 360 video and virtual reality in education.
*participants are encouraged to bring a laptop, Chromebook, tablet and/or smartphone to this workshop
In this hands-on session you will learn how to:
- Identify use cases for scannable technology and virtual reality
- Use the ACES Framework to promote deeper learning experiences with scannable technology:
- Access - students can easily and efficiently locate content hosted online to find information, answer questions, or connect with others
- Curate - students interact with resources handpicked by their teacher that relates to course content, student interest, or differentiated needs of learners
- Engage - students use technology tools to build transferable skills during hands-on learning activities
- Share - students have an authentic audience for their learning that sets a purpose for their work and connects to the world outside of the classroom
- Create QR codes that connect to a variety of multimedia
- Locate and create augmented reality experiences
- Integrate 360 video and virtual reality into instruction to:
- Build background knowledge
- Support English Language Learners
- Provide immersive experience
- Extend lessons beyond the walls of the classroom
Create an implementation plan using the actionable ideas and strategies presented in the workshop