The New Jersey State Board of Education has adopted the Professional Standards for Educational Leaders, released by the National Policy Board (formerly ISLLC) in October 2015. The effective date of the standards is April 3, 2017 and will sunset on November 12, 2020.
1. NJASA approached the NJ School Boards Association with recommendations to improve the CSA evaluation process, ensuring alignment with these standards. The NJSBA Guide to the Chief School Administrator Evaluation Process outlines the revised year-long process which begins with goal setting in July. Click here for video prepared by our superintendent members of the committee;
2. NJASA and the NJ Principals and Supervisors Association have collaborated to design a self-reflection and growth tool based on these new standards. NJASA members are encouraged to use this tool for their own professional learning as well as leading group reflection and growth of their leadership team;
3. The NJ Principal Evaluation for Professional Learning is grounded in the standards;
4. NJASA and NJPSA professional learning experiences are being built upon the foundations of these new standards; and
5. NJDOE has asked testing vendors to review and revise the certification evaluations instruments used to issue Certificates of Eligibility for school and district leadership positions.