Committee Structure – The chairperson of the Women’s Leadership Committee is appointed by the NJASA President. The committee consists of superintendent and non-superintendent representatives from each county and the NJASA Director of Special Projects.
Committee Member Role and Responsibilities – The members initiate programming, suggest speakers for presentations, and suggest the manner in which programming should be conducted for the WIL programs. The purpose and goals of the Women’s Caucus are:
- to develop a network among women in or aspiring to positions in educational leadership;
- to sponsor seminars which provide opportunities for skill building and competency in educational leadership;
- to build capacity of women in leadership positions;
- to encourage and support women leaders; and
- to promote gender, race and ethnic equity within educational systems.
Meetings – The Committee shall meet regularly throughout the year on a schedule developed by the chairperson and the NJASA Director of Special Projects.