Leadership and Diversity Overview
Committee Structure – The chairperson of the Leadership Diversity Committee shall be appointed by the NJASA President. The committee consists of superintendent or non-superintendent representatives from each county and the NJASA Director of Special Projects.
Committee Member Role and Responsibilities – The members initiate programming, suggest speakers for presentations, and suggest the manner in which programming should be conducted. The purpose and goals of the Leadership Diversity Committee are:
- to develop a network among minorities in or aspiring to positions in educational leadership;
- to sponsor seminars which provide opportunities for skill building and competency in educational leadership;
- to build capacity of minorities in leadership positions;
- to encourage and support minority leaders; and
- to promote gender, race and ethnic equity within educational systems.
Meetings – The Committee shall meet regularly throughout the year on a schedule developed by the chairperson and the NJASA Director of Special Projects.